MAKE SURE TO START HERE!!!!
Before you start any workouts, BE SURE to do these 4 tests to see what rotary centers (neck, shoulder, spine, hip) need the most attention. If you do not pass a test, this means you have a PHYSICAL RESTRICTION which will result in compensations in. your swing to make up for a lack of mobility.
1. NECK ROTATION TEST
- chin has to touch collarbone on each side without opening mouth or raising shoulder for a pass.
- Anything less than that is a no pass.
2. TRUNK ROTATION TEST
- Place 2 clubs at your feet while sitting in a chair in an X, creating a 90° angle
- hold a club across your collarbones and keep your KNEES TOGTHER.
- turn your chest to the right and left, seeing if the club across your chest EASILY passes parallel to the clubs on the floor. This is a pass.
- If it's just parallel or short of parallel in either direction, this is a no pass.
3. HIP INTERNAL ROTATION TEST
- sit upright in a chair. Keeping your knees directly in front of your hips, lift your foot slightly off the floor, and rotate your thigh inwards so your shin and foot move out to the side.
- keep your knee 90°, and no leaning to the side!
- 45° of rotation on both sides is a pass. Anything less is a no pass.
4. EXTERNAL SHOULDER ROTATION TEST
- stand in your golf posture
- place one arm out to the side, elbow bent 90° and your elbow straight out from your armpit/shoulder
-WITHOUT MOVING your elbow forwards or backwards, rotate your arm so your forearm and hand rotate up towards the sky.
- If your forearm EASILY PASSES your spine angle on both sides, this is a pass. Anything less is a no pass.
DO THESE TESTS EVERY 2-4 WEEKS TO CHECK YOUR PROGRESS!